In this video we will explore the additional features of the AudioServer. Learn how to manage the power states of the AudioServer, make a backup and restore it, support information, web-based upgrades, and more!
In this video we will explore the channel controls in the AudioServer. The channel controls is where you assign a playlist to an output channel, manage volume settings, and a whole lot more.
In this video you will learn how to upload media, create and edit playlists, and how to manage the installed media on the HauntLabs AudioServer.
Here's the first look at the HauntLabs Audio Server, a multi-channel audio playback device designed for haunted attractions, theme parks, and escape rooms. In this video we show the hardware, give an example of how to hook it up, and demo so playback out of the box. The AudioServer supports 8 discreet channels of audio, playlist support with repeat, shuffle and volume controls, and playback of all the popular audio formats available.
AudioServer Control API
The AudioServer can integrate with the HauntLabs HauntController and some 3rd party scene controllers - or with your own implementation! Each of the channels can be controlled with play/pause/stop/previous/skip/volume/repeat/shuffle commands.
Accessing the API is easy, but your AudioServer must use the onboard Ethernet interface and be attached to the same network as your other scene controller.
You may obtain the IP address of your AudioServer interface by logging into the hotspot configuration web interface and inspecting the "Network" page.
API URL: http://<ethernet ip address>/api/
API Methods: GET or POST
API URL Format: http://<ethernet ip address>/api/channel/command/parameter
Available options for channel:
Available options for command / parameter (cmd <parameter>):
- play <none>
Starts audio playback of stopped/paused channel.
- stop <none>
Stops playback of playing channel.
- pause <none>
Pauses playback of playing channel.
- previous <none>
Moves to previous track and starts playback.
- skip <none>
Skips to next track and starts playback.
- repeat <on|off>
Sending 'on' turns on repeat, sending 'off' turns off repeat.
- shuffle <on|off>
Sending 'on' turns on shuffle (random), sending 'off' turns off shuffle (random).
- volume <0-100>
Sets volume level of current channel. Possible parameter values are any integer between 0 and 100. This integer represents the percent volume.
AudioServer will return a json string with a response of "OK" or "FAIL" for the request.
How to access the web configuration for your new AudioServer or HauntController device.
- Unpack and plug in your new HauntController or AudioServer device. Power lights will illuminate. Wait approximately 1 minute.
- Using your computer, smartphone or tablet with WiFi, connect to the network named either 'HauntLabs_HauntController' or 'HauntLabs_AudioServer'. Connect using the network key of 'welcome123'. You can change the name of this network later.
- Once you've connected to the WiFi Network, You should now be able to access the configuration using a web browser at the following address: http://192.168.13.1
- That's it! Use the web interface to configure your controller using our easy-to-use interface.
HauntLabs Audio Server Support and Documentation
- Introduction & Hooking up the AudioServer
- Amplifier & Speaker Concepts (coming soon)
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
* Gift cards
* Downloadable software products
* Downloadable digital media products
* Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
* Book with obvious signs of use
* CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened.
* Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
* Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: 418 Truman St, Lisbon, IA, 52253, United States.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 418 Truman St, Lisbon, IA, 52253, United States.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on HauntLabs.com's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on HauntLabs.com's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by HauntLabs.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on HauntLabs.com's web site are provided "as is". HauntLabs.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, HauntLabs.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall HauntLabs.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on HauntLabs.com's Internet site, even if HauntLabs.com or a HauntLabs.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on HauntLabs.com's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. HauntLabs.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. HauntLabs.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. HauntLabs.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
HauntLabs.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to or from its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by HauntLabs.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to HauntLabs.com's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.