STATUS: In Development
EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: December, 2017
The HauntLabs Audio Server is an incredibly flexible and powerful system for delivering many channels of audio to your attraction. Built on top of the reliable Raspberry Pi platform, the Audio Server can provide 4-7 channels of audio from a single device, making it one of the most cost effective platforms for haunt audio in existence.
Audio Server allows for you to upload your audio files in a wide variety of formats, create playlists, and setup playback runners that automatically start on power up. All you have to do is connect to the Audio Server web interface, configure your tracks, and you’re all set! It couldn’t be easier!
Here’s just some of the features:
- Web based interface for easy configuration and control.
- Web interface is responsive, allowing you control with any device: computer, tablet, smartphone – whatever is handy!
- No complicated device discovery – just connect to the Audio Server WiFi network and go!
- Configurable network name so it’s easy to identify which Audio Server you’re connecting to
- Onboard media library for audio files
- Channel playback can loop a single file or a playlist
- Multiple channels are supported (4-7, depending on load on CPU)
- Memory and CPU load meters are displayed on the web interface
- The Audio Server software can be upgraded via the web interface – a connection to the internet is not necessary (you will just need to download it to your computer once)
- The 16GB Ultra Micro SDHC UHS-I/Class 10 Card provides for lots of storage for media directly on the Audio Server – no additional USB drives necessary.
On top of all that, the hardware specs are impressive for a controller the size of a deck of cards:
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 40-pin extended GPIO pins give you the ability to connect a ton of external devices (such as relays) to the Haunt Controller
- 4 USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI connector for HD Video and Audio
Audio Server Coming December, 2017!