STATUS: In Development
EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: December, 2017
The HauntLabs Haunt Controller is an incredibly flexible and powerful system for performing a variety of tasks at your attraction. Built on top of the reliable Raspberry Pi platform, the Haunt Controller can provide props, rooms, or complete experiences complex control in an affordable, easy to use, small form factor.
The magic of the Haunt Controller isn’t necessarily it’s hardware, although that’s pretty nice, indeed! The real power lies with the software we have developed, allowing virtually ANYONE to create complex actions or scenes using an easy to use drag and drop interface for programming. You won’t need to know an ounce of code to bring your creation to life!
As we get closer to release, HauntLabs.com will be updated with tutorials, getting started videos, and much more to help make the Haunt Controller the best choice for the brains of your prop, room, or experience. We’ve been using the Haunt Controller platform for year driving motion activated video picture frames, peppers ghost effects, motion platform rides, animations, and more.
Here’s just some of the features:
- Web based interface for easy configuration and control.
- Web interface is responsive, allowing you control with any device: computer, tablet, smartphone – whatever is handy!
- No complicated device discovery – just connect to the Haunt Controller WiFi network and go!
- Configurable network name so it’s easy to identify which Haunt Controller you’re connecting to
- Onboard media library for audio and video files
- Video Playback capability (looping or triggered)
- Audio Playback capability (looping or triggered)
- Label your input and output pins with names that mean something to you
- Script editing is done by dragging and dropping action blocks into a timeline
- Support for loops – allowing specific things to happen over and over without you having to put it in manually
- Support for a variety of triggering devices: PIR motion sensors, switch mats, laser barriers – you name it!
- The Haunt Controller software can be upgraded via the web interface – a connection to the internet is not necessary (you will just need to download it to your computer once)
- The 16GB Ultra Micro SDHC UHS-I/Class 10 Card provides for lots of storage for media directly on the Haunt Controller – no additional USB drives necessary.
On top of all that, the hardware specs are impressive for a controller the size of a deck of cards:
- Quad Core 1.2GHz Broadcom BCM2837 64bit CPU
- 1GB RAM
- BCM43438 wireless LAN and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board
- 40-pin extended GPIO pins give you the ability to connect a ton of external devices (such as relays) to the Haunt Controller
- 4 USB 2 ports
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Full size HDMI connector for HD Video and Audio
Haunt Controller Coming December, 2017!